I'm super excited about my very first calendar. I listened to your advice and designed it in A3 format, allowing enough room for all your appointments while still having nice big images! It features all the birth flowers from my newest series 'A Year in Bloom' and is printed on 100% post consumer waste paper in Melbourne. It's already online, ready for you guys to take a look!
I try my hardest to produce and ship my art in the most sustainable way possible, which got me thinking about my calendars. Each month has a different birth flower printed, so why waste all these prints when the year is over? Why not try some super cute up-cycle ideas! At the bottom of each month, I have suggested a different up-cycle idea.
Here's what I came up with. I would also love to hear if you have any other ways of up-cycling the artwork!
- Cut out bookmarks and share with friends.
- Cut me into halves and fold each one to make two cute greeting cards.
- Make me into a chatterbox for some old school fun.
- Cover your boring notebook with me, or the birth month of your choice.
- Ever tried making an origami balloon?
- Get crafty and use me in a scrapbook or collage.
- Make some fun gift tags by cutting shapes out of me, try circles or hearts.
- Use me as wrapping paper or make a small gift bag for someone special.
- Refresh your inspo wall and put your favourite flower front and centre.
- Make a small keepsake box for spare change or other loose items.
- Send a letter to a friend, write it on the back of their birth month.
- Cut out your birth month and frame it - it perfectly fits a 30 x 30
cm or 12 x 12in frame (including the white border).
I'll make up some of these and share the pictures as we go into 2022!